Unofficial support site By Welcome Zone Haldwani
At the end of a long search, i find this informations. This study isn’t my so, i find from a solid source. The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is Samsung in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Before we go ahead, here are some pre-requisites that you need to follow:
- Make sure that your phone’s battery is charged over at least 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues on the device during the flashing process.
- Make sure that you have backed up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to backup all your important data.
- Make sure that you use the original data cable to connect your device to your PC.
- Make sure that your device is Galaxy S4 Active that is GT-I9295, check the model under Settings>General>About Device>Model.
- In case of USB connection problems, enable USB debugging mode on your device. To do so, open Settings>General>Developer Options. If you can’t find the developer options, simply open About device and tap “Build Number” for 7 times and you should have the developer options enabled under the ”General Tab”.
- Install the listed files carefully, follow this guide to letter in order to prevent any mishap.
Files you need to download:
- Download and extract Odin PC – Get it here
- Download and Samsung USB Drivers – Get here
- Download the CWM-Recovery-gt-i9295_v1-2.tar.md5 – Get here.
- Download the SuperSu.zip file – Get here.
How to Install CWM Recovery on Galaxy S4 Active:
- Put your GS4 GT-I9295 in download mode. To do so, reboot your device while holding the Volume Down key, you should get a screen showing a warning and asking to continue, press Volume Up to continue.
- Now your phone should be in downloading mode. Connect your phone to your PC.
- As soon as Odin detects your phone the ID:COM box will turn light blue.
- Click on the PDA tab and select the CWM-Recovery-gt-i9295_v1-2.tar.md5 file that you downloaded above.
- Your Odin screen should look like exactly as shown below.
- Click Start and the root process should start showing you a process bar in the first box above ID:COM.
- The process is quite fast and will finish in a few seconds, as soon as it ends your device will get rebooted now, unplug it from the computer.
- Congratulations you have your installed CWM recovery on your device now. To boot into CWM recovery, restart your phone while holding the Volume Up key, you should now see the CWM recovery.
How to Root your Galaxy S4 Active:
- Place the SuperSu.zip file on your phone’s sd card.
- Boot into the CWM Recovery.
- In CWM recovery select “Install Zip > Choose Zip from Sd Card” and select the SuperSu zip file and in the next step select “yes”.
- It will take a while to flash SuperSu and you’ve rooted your device now.
- Reboot and find the SuperSu installed in app drawer.
- Congrats You’ve rooted your phone successfully.